8 Snack Ideas For After Your Pilates Workout
When it comes to Pilates workout routines, one of the biggest questions fitness experts hear is: How can I get the most out of my Pilates workouts? Though there are many answers to this question, one of the most important is to eat properly and at the right times.
Pilates post-workout is one of the most important times to ensure that you’re body is fed a healthy and nutritious meal. We’ve all heard how important it is to keep our bodies energized throughout the day however; many people forgo post Pilates snacks or aren’t eating snacks that are boosting their fitness regime further to give their bodies the nutrients it needs.
There are endless reasons as to why you may skip a post-work snack – because you don’t want to consume the calories you just burned, you’re going to eat a meal in the next couple of hours, or you’re stuck on snack ideas. Since after a workout is a time when your body truly needs and uses the food and nutrients that go in, it makes it one of the most important times of the day to have the right snack ideas on hand and ready to go!
Nourishing your body is just one reason why it’s so important to eat the right things after your Pilates workout. In addition to this, your body will be able to become more systemized and regulated, as it knows what it does and doesn’t need. This helps prevent those inconvenient cravings for not-so-healthy foods later on in the day.
So, to get the most out of your Pilates workouts, make sure you eat or drink something between 30 minutes to an hour after exercising. This will reenergize your body, help repair and build your muscles, and boost your workout even further by keeping your metabolism burning.
Here are some great post pilates workout snack ideas to try:
1. Apples and peanut butter– 1 apple, 3 tablespoons of PB
2. Protein smoothie– ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup rolled oats, ½ cup milk, ½ banana, ½ cup blueberries, 4-5 strawberries
3. PB and banana sandwich– 2 tablespoons peanut butter, one banana, 2 pieces of multigrain toast
4. Pitas, veggies and hummus– ½ pita, 1 cup of veggies, 3 tablespoons of hummus
5. Caprese salad– 2 cups spinach, ½ tomato, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon balsamic
6. Eggs and toast– 1 piece of multigrain toast, 1-2 eggs
7. Milk and cereal– 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of whole-grain cereal (no Lucky Charms!)
8. Chicken mash– 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, ½ cup squash, ½ cup apple, roast in 1 a bit of olive oil and pepper
Do you have any other after work out snack ideas? Share them with us via Facebook or Instagram!